Matter of Balance Class
May 21 @ 9:30 am - 11:30 am
An event every week that begins at 9:30am on Tuesday, repeating until June 25, 2019
Do you have concerns about falling? Many adults experience concerns about falling and as a result may start to restrict their activities. This will actually increase their risk of falling! Medical providers cannot give us a pill to protect us so it is up to us to identify what we can do to make us safer and more independent!
This program focuses on how to lower your fall risk so that you can continue to live a vital and independent life.
YOU WILL LEARN TO:
• view falls as controllable
• set goals for increasing activity
• make changes to reduce fall risks at home
• exercise to increase strength
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
• ANYONE concerned about falls
• ANYONE interested in improving balance, flexibility and strength
• ANYONE who has fallen in the past
Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital will be offering this evidenced based fall prevention class:
Tuesdays, May 7th – June 25th from 9:30am-11:30am
Lake Barrington Shores – The Lodge (Conference Room on Lower Level)
The class is held once a week for 8 weeks. Each session includes discussion and exercise.
Class size is limited. Class attendance is Free.
To register please call:
(This class is limited to residents of Lake Barrington Shores)